How to open a Telnet session on Windows 7 or Windows 8 OS
In this article, we are going to teach you how to enable telnet in windows. Telnet is a protocol that enables you to connect to remote computers and local computers over a TCP/IP network, over TCP port 23. By default, Telnet is disabled in recent Windows environments.
To enable Telnet command line utilities:
In Windows 7 and Windows 8 you may need to enable telnet first:
- Go to Start => Control Panel => Programs and Features.
- Under Programs and features, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Mark both Telnet Client and Telnet Server.
- Click OK.
To open a Telnet :
- Click Start.
- Enter cmd in the Search field in the Start menu.
- Type telnet(Telnet smtp.gmail.com 587) and press ENTER.