DDoS attacks are always a common way of disrupting the service life of organizations, and due to the increasing complexity of these attacks it is not possible to deal with them through outdated solutions. FortiDDoS equipment prevents DDoS attacks using more advanced modern methods. In the first part of this series of articles, we discuss the applications of this technology; in this second part, we discuss the other capabilities of this widely used device.
While FortiDDoS can reduce the impact of various types of DDoS attacks by limiting the available bandwidth available, attackers can also affect the incoming links or Upstream resources. Using a cloud-based security service with FortiDDoS offers a convenient hybrid solution to prevent a large number of DDoS attacks. When an attack exceeds the defined threshold for users on Internet links, it is detected by FortiDDoS and a warning message is sent to the cloud-based service providers to evaluate the relevant traffic and to divert it if detected as a threat. Reduce traffic generated during an attack on an Upstream link. FortiDDoS is now fully supported by Verisign OpenHybrid DDoS Protection Supports.
Also, the on-premise FortiDDoS equipment available in enterprise datacenters can work directly with cloud-signaling technology with high-capacity FortiDDoS models in service provider networks.
FortiDDoS Cloud Monitoring Service
Visibility of the impact of the attacks is an essential part of the DDoS threat reduction strategy for IT staff. The FortiDDoS Cloud Monitoring service reports on the accuracy of network and server performance through 10 corporate cloud sites. Inexpensive monitors for Local Reporting can add reporting capabilities from customer-centric sites or for Outbound services to Cloud assets, making it possible to report single-of-glass network functionality to internal and external clients.
Advanced DDoS protection for enterprise datacenters
- 100% hardware-based protection against layers 3, 4, and 7 that enables rapid detection and reduction of threats.
- Advanced connectivity up to 16x GE or 18x 10 GE and Built-In pass-through on most models
- Behavior-centric protection against DDoS attacks that responds to any threat without the need for Signature files.
- Up to 36 GB / s with reduced duplicate attacks
- Single-Pass parallel architecture to fully protect against DDoS attacks in layers 3, 4, and 7 in a single Appliance and monitor hundreds of thousands of parameters simultaneously.
- An advanced set of features that reduces DDoS attacks through the DNS service.
- Minimizing the risk of identifying False Positive through continuous threat assessment
- Easy implementation and management with comprehensive analytics and reporting tools and GUI
- Offer a combination of On-Premise or Cloud Mitigation
- FortiDDoS Cloud Monitoring Service to visualize the impact of attacks and accessibility of services
Features and Benefits of FortiDDoS
Identifying threats in a completely behavior-oriented manner
FortiDDoS does not rely on Signature files that need to be updated with the latest threats, thus enabling protection against known and unrecognized Zero-Day attacks.
100% hardware-based protection against DDoS attacks
The FortiASIC-TP2 transaction processor enables the two-way detection and mitigation of DDoS attacks in layers 3, 4 and 7 for optimal performance in the industry.
Continuous evaluation of attacks
Re-evaluating the attacks can minimize the risk of identifying False Positions and ensuring that safe traffic is not interrupted.
Advanced DNS protection
FortiDDoS provides 100% scrutiny of all DNS traffic to protect against a wide range of DDoS-based DDoS attacks.
Automated learning process
FortiDDoS with minimal configuration can automatically generate normal traffic and resource behavior profiles to save time and IT management resources.
Combined ability to support Cloud and On-Premise services
The Open API enables third-party integration of DDoS Threat Reduction Services with other cloud providers to provide flexible deployment and protection options for large-scale DDoS attacks.
Cloud Monitoring Service
Monitor the accuracy of server performance from 10 cloud and server locations and the accuracy of Inbound and Outbound networks from any number of private sites required. In addition, it exclusively integrates reports of the performance of Cloud and Private internal and external services.